1/29/2016

Vegan Cheesecake Cups

 

 
I've already mentioned on the beginning that I`m pescetarian - I eat fish and other seafood but I don't eat red meat or a poultry. I still consume quite a lot of dairy products which I'm not so proud of it.
Slowly I began changing my eating habits towards becoming vegetarian or even vegan. Definitely I want to eat more healthy.
 
I'm a big foodie! I eat out quite often, and I must tell you its very hard to find vegetarian options in the restaurants in Athens, I'm not even thinking about vegan! Even some vegetarian dishes are not truly vegetarian. Lot of places uses meat based stock to cook vegetarian risotto (oh, no!).
I cook a lot a home, actually every single day, and veggie based diet can be really tasty, very colorful and full of vitamins and proteins. Basically this type of  diet is all you need to be healthy and happy!  I will posting more of this type of recipes, so try them out!
 
Today I have for you vegan cheesecake cups made of cashew nuts. Very creamy, delicious desert made of plants! And must say quite cheesy for something what is not made of cheese.  
 
 
 
 Read the recipe through before you begin, as you will have to start the day before you want to make the cheesecake cups.
 
Cashew Cheesecake Cups
makes 5
 
base
1/2 cup hazelnuts
1/4 cup dates, pitted
pinch of salt
 
cheesecake
1 cup raw cashew nuts
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
about 4-6 tbsp spelt milk, or any other vegetable milk
4 tbsp maple syrup
about 4 tbsp water from soaking cashew nuts
1 tsp vanilla paste
pinch of salt


 
Method :
1. Day one. Place the cashew nuts in a bowl. In a small measuring jug combine water and the lemon juice, pour over the cashews. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge over night.
2. In a separate small size bowl place the dates and pour enough water to cover them, place in the fridge to soak over night.
3. Day two. To make the cheesecake cup base place the hazelnuts, soaked dated (without the water), and the salt in a food processor and pulse until sticky "dough" forms. Divide equally between 5-6 jars or cups and press down with fingers to firmly place the crust into the bottom. Set aside.
4. Place the soaked cashew nuts in a food processor along with coconut oil, spelt milk, maple syrup, water from soaking cashews, vanilla and the salt. Blend well until the mixture is very creamy and smooth. Scrap down the sides and try if you are happy with the taste, you may want a little bit more of the lemon water or maple syrup.
5. Divide the mixture equally between the jars and refrigerate for at least an hour. Decorate with fresh fruits and dust with icing sugar.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment