12/31/2015

Salmon Patties



Love burgers? I do! With a side of thick cut French fries and maybe some sweet pickles, oh boy...!

 
It all started from my big plans to make Vasilopita - the Greek New Year's Day cake. I wanted to make the bread kind, but I didn't have a strong, bread flour at home, so I went for an excursion to a supermarket. On the way back I also grabbed some fresh salmon filet from a local fish shop, perfect for a lazy dinner night. Just throw it in the grill, and server with roasted potatoes and a simple salad.
 
On the way home I've changed my mind. I think some of my friends posted a burger photo on Instagram, and that was it... My lazy salmon filet became flavorful salmon patty and Vasilopita became honey oat burger bun.. Oh well! I will make Vasilopita next year :)

 
 Salmon Patties
(makes 4 burger size or 8 slider size patties )
 
500 g fresh salmon filet
1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
1 tbsp ginger root, minced
2 tsp gochugaru (Korean red chili pepper flakes),
 you can substitute for other chili flakes or 1 fresh chili, seeds removed and finely chopped
1 green onion, finely chopped
zest of a lemon
1 tbsp of lemon juice
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 egg
1/2 tsp sesame oil
salt and pepper, to taste
 
 
Method :
1. Finely chop the salmon. Preferably by hand, but if you are using food processor pulse only few times, otherwise it will become too thin and it wont hold the shape. Plus chopping by hand gives the patty nice texture.
2. In a large bowl mix the chopped salmon with all the remaining ingredients. Place the mixture in the fridge for about 30 minutes to firm.
3. Form 4 or 8 equal size patties, place them onto a plate, cover with cling film and place in the fridge for another 15-30 minutes.
4. Grill or fry on each side, for about  3-4 minutes for slider size, and 5-6 minutes for burger size.
5. Serve in a burger bun with condiments of your choice. I like them with spicy mayonnaise, sweet cucumber ribbons, pickled ginger, crisp lettuce or steamed spinach. And of course French fries :)
 
That's it! Super quick and easy.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment